Uruguay V Russia::Predictions, Time, odds, Preview, and Betting Tips
- The battle for the top spot in group A will see hosts Russia take on Uruguay as both teams have already made it to the round of 16.
- Russia have impressed so far and have exceeded peoples expectation which is a good thing for the host nations.
- The came into the tournament as the lowest ranked side but have won their two matches comfortably beating Saudi Arabia 5-0 in the opening match before seeing Egypt 3-1.
- Uruguay on the other hand have scraped through in their last two matches with a 1-0 score in both matches and needed a last minute goal to beat Egypt.
- Despite their lethal attacking front the South American side have struggled to convert chances and also break their defence line opponents.
- A draw of any kind will favor Russia who have a superior goal difference but with their breathtaking performance so far they could snatch all the three points.
- These two have met once back in 2012 in frindly match that ended in a draw (1-1).
- Uruguay are undefeated in their last 6 matches
- Russia are unbeaten in three, with five of their last seven games producing over 2.5 goals.
- Uruguay have won their last two World Cup matches against European sides (England and Italy), having failed to win any of their previous 15 against them (W0, D6 L9).
- Uruguay have a full fit squad to choose from and may stick to the same line up that won the 1st two matches but something maybe done in the midfield if needed be.
- Russia’s Alan Dzagoev is still a doubt for this one but his replacement Cheryshev is doing a fantastic job and so far he has score 3 goals.
Probable line ups:
- Uruguay 4-4-2:Muslera – Varela, Gimenez, Godin, Caceres – Sanchez, Vecino, Bentancur, Rodriguez – Cavani, Suarez.
- Russia 4-2-3-1;Akinfeev – Fernandes, Kutepov, Ignasevich, Zhirkov – Gazinskiy, Zobnin – Samedov, Golovin, Cheryshev – Dzyuba.
PREDICTIONS FROM OTHER SITES
|Whoscored||Over 1.5 goals||1-2|
- Both teams to score
- Over 1.5 goals
- Uruguay DNB