Russia V Egypt: Predictions, Time, odds, Preview, and Betting Tips
- Hosts Russia opened their campaign in an emphatic fashion when they thrashed Saudi Arabia 5-0 and are in the driving sit heading into their 2nd match against Egypt.
- The hosts were in dire form prior to the match but showed character on the day take all three points and will now need atleast two points from their remaining two matches.
- Egypt resolute defending and good passage of playing were outdone by Uruguay last minute goal as their looked to be headed for a preciuos point.
- The Pharaohs have put themselves in a must win situation if they are to qualify for the 2nd round and must turn up.
- However, their performance was encouraging and will be boosted by the return of Mo Salah who did not feature in the 1st leg and will be a big plus for the match.
- This will be the first meeting between these two sides.
- Egypt have never beaten European opposition at the World Cup, drawing twice and losing twice.
- Russia’s 5-0 hammering of Saudi Arabian is the second biggest ever by a host nation in their opening World Cup match, bettered only by Italy’s 7-1 thrashing of the United States in 1934.
- Under 2.5 goals have been scored in five of Egypt’s last six World Cup games
- There have been under 2.5 goals scored in 5 of Egypt’s last 6 games (FIFA World Cup).
- Alan Dzagoev was substituted before half time in the 1st match and will not feature in this one.
- Mo Salah sat on the bench during their match against Uruguay despite being declared fit before the game but should start here.
- Russia 4-2-3-1; Akinfeev, Fernandes, Kutepov, Ignashevic, Zhirkov, Zobnin, Gazinskiy, Cheryshev, Golovin, Samdeov, Smolov
- Egypt 4-2-3-1;El-Shenawy, Fathy, Gabr, Hegazi, Shafy, Hamed, Elneny, Salah, Said, Trezeguet, Mohsen
- Player to watch : Trezeguet was a nuisance threat in the first match with some impressive runs in the final third and should be one to watch.
- Golovin was the main man for Russia in the opening match with some impressive key passes and bagged two assist caped up with a trademark free kick and should be a nightmare for egypt defence tonight.
- Both teams to score
- Over 1.5goals