Portugal v Morocco :Predictions, Time, odds, Preview, and Betting Tips
- Portugal will take on Morocco in their 2nd match of their group at Luzhniki Arena in Moscow.
- The European champions opened their campaign in a dramatic fashion holding Spain to a 3-3 draw with Cristiano Ronald scoring a Hat trick.
- They looked composed and impressive going forward and should give Morocco hard times when they face off.
- Morocco on the other hand were outdone by a last minute goal by Iran to bring to an end their 18 match unbeaten run.
- They have now left themselves in a difficult situation with matches against Portugal and Spain to come up.
- Morocco looked naive going forward but were good on their build up play and should at least improve from their opening showing.
- Portugal looks like a team that has matured greatly and are expected to win this match led by their main man Cristiano Ronaldo who is averaging a goal every 142 minutes for the national team.
- These two have only met once and that was in 1986 world cup in Mexico when Morocco won 3-1.
- Portugal have failed to score more than three goals in any of their last 11 games.
- Morocco haven’t conceded more than once in their past 20 games, since a 2-1 loss to the Netherlands in May last year.
- Portugal haven’t lost against a team outside of Europe in the World Cup since 2002, winning five and drawing three since.
- Portugal have only lost one of their last ten World Cup group matches.
- There have been under 2.5 goals scored in 9 of Morocco’s last 11 games (FIFA World Cup)
- Portugal are undefeated in their last 10 matches (FIFA World Cup).
- Portugal have a full fit squad to choose from and Fernando Santos may ring two changes from the team that faced Spain.
- Amrabat and Nabil Dirar are the only concern for Morocco and are also expected to make at least two changes with starlet Harit expected to start.
Probable line ups:
- Portugal 4-4-2:Patricio, Soares, Pepe, Fonte, Guerreiro, Silva, Moutinho, Carvalho, Fernandes, Guedes, Ronaldo
- Morocco 4-2-3-1 :Mohamedi, Amrabat, Benatia, Saiss, Hakimi, Boussoufa, Ahmadi, Ziyech, Belhanda, Harit, Kaabi
- Cristiano Ronaldo to score anytime
- Over 2.5 goals
- Portugal to win