Germany vs Sweden:Predictions, Time, odds, Preview, and Betting Tips
- Germany were stunned by Mexico in the opening fixture of the tournament when they lost 1-0 and that was their first defeat on opening match since the 1958 world cup.
- France won the world cup in 1998 but were eliminated in the group stage four year later, Spain and Italy suffered the same fate and Germany are headed in that directions.
- Joachim Loewe has however quashed those claims maintaining their wont follow that path.
- The world champion have a technical gifted side that can take on anyone and have enough quality to win their last two matches.
- Sweden on the other hand kick started their campaign in the right path winning 1-0 but were not convincing enough.
- Expect them to struggle againt Germany but the world champion will be aware its Sweden who eliminated Italy in the play off back in November.
- Germany have won five of their last seven meetings with Sweden, drawing the other two. They last met in the World Cup in 2006, with Germany coming out of that game 2-0 victors.
- Germany have scored at least 2 goals in their last 4 home matches against Sweden in all competitions.
- Germany are undefeated in their last 6 matches against Sweden in all competitions
- Germany have not lost back to back matches in the same World Cup finals since 1958
- Sweden have kept a clean sheet in 5 of their last 6 matches (FIFA World Cup).
- 1982 was the last time Germany lost their opening game. They went on to reach the final that year.
Jonas Hector is fit enough to start on the right back while there Romours Ozil maybe replaced by Marco as his is not 100% fit. Gundogan is also pushing for a start and Khedira maybe the causality.
Victor Lindelof sat on the bench for the first game with a knock but could be fit for this one.
Probable line up.
Germany 4-2-3-1;Neuer – Hector, Boateng, Hummels, Kimmich – Gundogan, Kroos – Draxler, Reus, Muller – Werner.
Sweden 4-4-2:Olsen – Lustig, Granqvist, Jansson, Augustinsson – Larsson, Ekdal, Forsberg, Claesson – Berg, Toivonen.
PREDICTIONS FROM OTHER SITES
|Whoscored||Germany win Win||2-0|
|Football predictions||Under 2.5||1-0|
- Germany win
- Over 2.5 goals