Croatia vs England Prediction & H2H: Sportpesa Jackpot Games
- Croatia will take on England in the 2nd semi final of the world cup 2018.
- Croatia beat Russia on penalties to book a place in the semi final after 1-1 draw in regular time.
- The Croatian side have been taken to penalties for two games in succession and the energy level is a huge concern with injury plying up a clear indication of tired legs and fatigue.
- England have defied all expectations to book a place in the semi final, a side that usually struggles in the knock stages and historically never won a penalty shoot out but are making it look easy in Russia.
- They did knock out Sweden comfortably in the quarters and had dispatched Colombia on penalties in the round of 16 without much pressure.
- Now this will be their toughest test yet f against a very technical side who posses good mid fielders that may give them run fortheir money.
- The three lions will be the hot favorite to advance to the final but they wont earn it cheaply so expect a good resistances from the Croatia.
- There have been six meetings between the two sides, and England have dominated the meeting with four wins.
- Croatia have won two of the meetings all coming in the Euro qualifiers.
- England are undefeated in 15 of their last 16 matches (FIFA World Cup).
- Croatia are undefeated in their last 9 matches (FIFA World Cup).
- England are competing in their third World Cup semi-final; they won 2-1 against Portugal in 1966 on their way to winning the tournament,
but lost on penalties to Germany in 1990.
- England have not beaten two European nations in a single World Cup since 1982, when they beat Czechoslovakia and France.
- Croatia have reached the World Cup semi-finals for the second time since their first World Cup participation in 1998
- Sime Vrsaljko has been ruled out of Wednesday’s semi-final after sustaining an injury against Russia.
- Jordan Henderson has been passed fit to play on Wednesday after a slight concern over is hamstring .
Probable line ups:
Croatia 4-2-3-1; Subasic – Vrsaljko, Lovren, Vida, Pivaric – Brozovic – Rebic, Modric, Rakitic, Perisic – Mandzukic.
England 3-1-4-2;Pickford – Walker, Stones, Maguire – Henderson – Trippier, Lingard, Alli, Young – Sterling, Kane.